Adjuster rod on steering box has play. Is it normal?

Diskutiere Adjuster rod on steering box has play. Is it normal? im Forum Instandhaltung, Reparaturen & Pflege im Bereich Technik - Hi forum, I started rebuilding my steering box. All parts are very nice, no wear except on the steering wheel shaft teeth, which I believe is...
T

turbinee

Frischling
Fahrzeug
Mercedes Clk 208
Hi forum,

I started rebuilding my steering box. All parts are very nice, no wear except on the steering wheel shaft teeth, which I believe is normal and can be compensated with the adjusting rod. The box is very clean inside and there are no metal shavings. However the adjusting rod for the steering play has lateral movement in its seat. I think there is a ball bearing inside, but could be wrong. I wanted to ask the people that have experience with the steering box to check my video and tell me if this is factory or I need to fix?
Adjuster rod play video

Please check my shirt video and tell me what you think in the link above. I know that the adjuster rod is static and the axle that spin around it does so very little, so maybe it is normal

However the adjusting rod for the steering play has lateral movement in its seat. I think there is a ball bearing inside, but could be wrong…
Hellow again George,

I don‘t know it, but indeed it looks like there is a ball bearing under the locking ring.
I wanted to ask the people that have experience with the steering box to check my video and tell me if this is factory or I need to fix?
Adjuster rod play video
Until now I‘ve never had to disassemble a steering gear to this extent.

Please check my shirt video and tell me what you think in the link above. I know that the adjuster rod is static and the axle that spin around it does so very little, so maybe it is normal
I would also say that it has too much play and would disassemble further to check what kind of bearing is installed.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thema: Adjuster rod on steering box has play. Is it normal?
Zurück
Oben