C320 Battery Replacement Problems

Diskutiere C320 Battery Replacement Problems im Forum C-Klasse, CLC & 190er im Bereich Mercedes-Benz - I originally had problems w my 2001 C320 after my battery went dead. I've resolved most of those problems this past weekend. This may be different...
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
W

woquye

Frischling
Fahrzeug
benz
I originally had problems w my 2001 C320 after my battery went dead. I've resolved most of those problems this past weekend. This may be different for each MDY, but it appears that when your battery dies or you replace it with a new battery, the MB CPU will go into a default mode where nothing works properly:
- the car trunk cannot be opened
- the car's remote only unlocks if pointed directly at the driver's side sensor
- signal lights and emergency lights do not work
- windshield wipers and fluid do not work
- instrument pannel display is incorrect
- error messages for SRS, ESP

However, you can reset the MB CPU by disconnecting the battery cables for a longer period of time (I did it for 24 hours) to drain the CPU of all electrical power completely. Dead batteries cannot start cars but they have enough juice to sustain CPU's. Also when a battery is removed for a short period (ie: to change the battery), the CPU has enough power to retain the error settings.

I reconnected the battery to the C320 after 24 hours and the MB CPU did reset itself. The only error messages were the ESP (which is easy to resolve) and the SRS. Unfortunately, there is no way to resolve the SRS error. It can only be done by a tech w the MB Star sensor. But at least you can tell the MB tech to fix one prob only (and save on the hourly charges) rather than have him diagnose the entire car.

Bekanntes Problem seit 8 Jahren, aber die Smileys sind prima!

I originally had problems w my 2001 C320 after my battery went dead. I've resolved most of those problems this past weekend. This may be different for each MDY, but it appears that when your battery dies or you replace it with a new battery, the MB CPU will go into a default mode where nothing works properly:
- the car trunk cannot be opened
- the car's remote only unlocks if pointed directly at the driver's side sensor
- signal lights and emergency lights do not work
- windshield wipers and fluid do not work
- instrument pannel display is incorrect
- error messages for SRS, ESP

However, you can reset the MB CPU by disconnecting the battery cables for a longer period of time (I did it for 24 hours) to drain the CPU of all electrical power completely. Dead batteries cannot start cars but they have enough juice to sustain CPU's. Also when a battery is removed for a short period (ie: to change the battery), the CPU has enough power to retain the error settings.

I reconnected the battery to the C320 after 24 hours and the MB CPU did reset itself. The only error messages were the ESP (which is easy to resolve) and the SRS. Unfortunately, there is no way to resolve the SRS error. It can only be done by a tech w the MB Star sensor. But at least you can tell the MB tech to fix one prob only (and save on the hourly charges) rather than have him diagnose the entire car.
... und nebenbei gesagt, wieder nur viel Bla-Bla um vom eigentlichen OBD-Spam in der Fußnote etwas abzulenken...

Gäääähn...:300 (197):

oh i just want to solve my problem

Honi soit qui mal y pense ......

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
Thema: C320 Battery Replacement Problems