Design fault - back bumper

Diskutiere Design fault - back bumper im Forum A- und B-Klasse im Bereich Mercedes-Benz - Dear All, Sorry for the English language. I need assistance from somebody who had experience with the suspected design fault in the back bumper...
B

Brent

Dear All,

Sorry for the English language. I need assistance from somebody who had experience with the suspected design fault in the back bumper in the A160.

The fault is that when too wide tyres are installed, small stones and debris from the road which is lifted by tyres while driving, produce vertical scratches on the outer side of the back bumper.

This is usually happens on the right back bumper because there are more debris on the right side of the road.

I had such scratches appearing suddenly without any collision while renting A-Class from www.easyrentacar.com in Spain.

Any sharing of such experience will be much appreciated.

Thanks. Vladimir

Original geschrieben von Brent
Dear All,

Sorry for the English language. I need assistance from somebody who had experience with the suspected design fault in the back bumper in the A160.

The fault is that when too wide tyres are installed, small stones and debris from the road which is lifted by tyres while driving, produce vertical scratches on the outer side of the back bumper.

This is usually happens on the right back bumper because there are more debris on the right side of the road.

I had such scratches appearing suddenly without any collision while renting A-Class from www.easyrentacar.com in Spain.

Any sharing of such experience will be much appreciated.

Thanks. Vladimir

hallo Brent
i looked at the outer side of the back bumper of our a class, but i didnt see anything of your problem.
i think stones liftet by wires can´t make scratches on the back bumper, if your tyres are very wide and look out of your car they could damage your mudguard.
mfg
Willi

hallo zusammen
vielleicht mal kurz in deutsch zu dem was unser englicher freund geschrieben hat.
wenn ich das richtig verstehe hat er kratzer hinten rechts an der stoßstange, von denen er glaubt das sie von hochgeschleuderten steinen seiner breitreifen stammen. ich denke mal, kratzer kann man deshalb hinten nicht kriegen, höchstens ausplatzer und die müßten dann eher seitlich im kotflügel sein
mfg
Willi

Thema: Design fault - back bumper
Zurück
Oben