Rumors – Mika to resign.

Diskutiere Rumors – Mika to resign. im Smalltalk um den Mercedes Forum im Bereich Allgemeines; Berlin, 08. Jul - Der zweimalige Formel-1-Weltmeister Mika Häkkinen will nach Informationen der Zeitung "Auto Bild Motorsport" am Ende der...

1. Elch

Elch Crack

Berlin, 08. Jul - Der zweimalige Formel-1-Weltmeister Mika Häkkinen will nach Informationen der Zeitung "Auto Bild Motorsport" am Ende der laufenden Saison den Motorsport aufgeben. Das meldete die am Dienstag in Hamburg erscheinende Zeitung am Sonntagabend vorab. Häkkinens Nachfolger im McLaren-Mercedes-Team soll dem Bericht zufolge der 35-jährige Olivier Panis werden, der derzeit bei BAR-Honda unter Vertrag steht. Der Franzose solle 2002 neben David Coulthard den zweiten "Silberpfeil" steuern. In der Saison 2000 war Panis Testfahrer bei McLaren-Mercedes.
    Der 32-jährige Häkkinen fuhr 155 Grand-Prix-Einsätze seit 1993, davon 125 für McLaren. Mit dem Mercedes-Triebwerk gewann er bisher 18 Rennen und wurde 1998 und 1999 Weltmeister der Formel 1. Die aktuelle Saison ist für den Finnen bisher glücklos verlaufen.
    Panis hat bisher nur einen Formel-1-Grand-Prix als erster beendet: 1996 in Monaco mit einem Ligier-Mugen/Honda.

2. Anzeige

Schau mal hier: (hier klicken). Dort findest du Nützliches.
    Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
  3. #2 Stephan Täck, 09.07.2001
    Stephan Täck

Stephan Täck Sternengucker

Genaueres wird aber erst beim Großen Preis von Deutschland in Hockenheim bekannt gegeben.

4. Elch

Elch Crack

July 12 - Mika Hakkinen has denied a report he was planning to retire at the end of the season and said that he was in talks with the McClaren team about a new contract for the 2002 season.
    "No chance -- there is no way I am quitting," the former world champion told Die Welt newspaper in an interview published on Thursday.
    Hakkinen said he had no idea where rumours that he was planning to retire at the end of the current season -- which has been a huge disappointment for the Finn who won the world championship for McLaren in 1998 and 1999 -- came from.
    "No one asked me -- that's something one should have done," he said, referring to a report in Germany's Auto Bild newspaper that said he would retire.
    Hakkinen said he first learned of the report on Monday evening as he was feeding his eight-month old son Hugo.
    The 32-year-old said negotiations with McLaren about a 2002 contract were going at full speed and only a few details still had to be worked out.
    Another German magazine -- Auto, Moto und Sport -- said the only open issue was contract length.
    The report said Hakkinen wants a two-year deal while McLaren only want a one-year commitment. The contract extension is expected to be announced at the German Grand Prix in Hockenheim in late July.
    Hakkinen, who has scored just nine points in 10 races this season and not won since the Belgian Grand Prix last August, said he felt "highly motivated" for the upcoming race at Silverstone and that he would support teammate David Coulthard's bid to win the title this year.
    Coulthard, with 47 points, is in second place behind Ferrari's Michael Schumacher, who has 78 points after 10 of 17 races.
    Hakkinen was quoted as saying he wanted to help make McLaren-Mercedes become the top team in the world again.
    "And if there is a possibility, I will try to win myself," Hakkinen said.
    Auto Bild magazine reported in its Tuesday edition that Frenchman Olivier Panis would replace Hakkinen for 2002, but Norbert Haug, the motorsport boss at McLaren's engine partner Mercedes, dismissed the suggestion as speculation.
    Haug was quoted in Die Welt praising Hakkinen.
    "The great thing about him is that even negative events, like in the recent past, do not break his morale," Haug said. "He had so many good races and success in the past years and he wants to have that again."

5. Elch

Elch Crack

SILVERSTONE, July 12 - Ferrari's Michael Schumacher appealed on Thursday for his old Formula One foe Mika Hakkinen to be left in peace to consider his future.
    "It would be a big loss if Mika is not in Formula One any more," the triple world champion told reporters ahead of Sunday's British Grand Prix.
    "I think it is totally unfair against Mika, (after) what he has given to us and to motorsport, how we tackle this situation," added Schumacher, whose big rivals over a decade have been Ayrton Senna, Damon Hill and Hakkinen.
    "I think we should simply leave him quiet and he should take the decision."
    Hakkinen, world champion in 1998 and 1999 with McLaren, has been the subject of considerable speculation recently about whether he intends to continue beyond the end of the season.
    The Finn has had a disappointing year, scoring just nine points in 10 races so far while Schumacher leads the championship by 31 points over McLaren's David Coulthard. Seven races remain.
    Hakkinen was quoted on Thursday in Germany's Die Welt newspaper as rejecting any suggestion he might quit but a McLaren statement issued at Silverstone was less clear-cut.
    In that, Hakkinen pointed out that McLaren had an option on him for 2002 and he remained in discussion with team boss Ron Dennis and was relaxed about the situation.
    "My main objective is to win races this year," he said.

TITLE RACE
    Schumacher could win his fourth world title well before the end of the season but the German, informed that one British bookmaker was already paying out on him retaining his crown, advised caution.
    And he said he had no intention of switching to a more tactical approach as the title beckoned.
    "Certainly, I don't think that," he said when asked if he felt the championship was finished. "It's not over until its mathematically over even though we are in a comfortable position.
    "You drive instinctively," he added. "So if I have a choice to take the win, I'll take it."
    Sunday's race could give Schumacher a 51st win, equalling the record of France's four times world champion Alain Prost and taking another big step towards his own fourth title.
    But he said history was not uppermost in his mind. "The statistics are secondary. To come here and to try to win it is exciting enough in itself.
    "I don't feel more excited for this particular factor but once I have done it maybe my feeling will change.
    "It will be a special moment but maybe not in the way certain people like to think."
    Schumacher also had a thought for his parents and how they coped with the excitement of watching him and his brother Ralf, in the Williams, battle each other for victory in recent races.
    "My father is always close to it (a heart attack)," grinned Schumacher. "I don't think his heartbeat can go higher than it is anyway. It's higher than ours.
    "Once he was sitting with a heart rate (measurer) in front of the monitor and it was about 170 and it wasn't a race that we were fighting for.
    "But what can we do. I told him to go away, don't watch it but he said I can't do that."

6. Elch

Elch Crack

LONDON, Aug 21 - David Coulthard raised the possibility on Tuesday that double world champion Mika Hakkinen could leave McLaren at the end of this season.
    The Finn has had a disappointing year, taking only 21 points compared to Coulthard's 51, and there were rumours at last weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix that Hakkinen might be on the verge of retiring.
    Britain's Coulthard was quoted on website itvf1.com as saying he was confident he would be retained next year.
    "We'll just have to wait because the team have options. But from my own point of view I haven't been too concerned because I believe I represent the best option McLaren have," he said.
    "As to who else is in the car, it would be great if it was Mika because he is a good team mate and a good benchmark for me to see just how well I am driving.
    "If it's not, then I don't suppose anyone will be significantly quicker than he is, so I don't think I need to be too worried. I think I should be okay."

Thema:

Rumors – Mika to resign.

Die Seite wird geladen...

Rumors – Mika to resign. - Ähnliche Themen

1. Planing to Buy W212 E63 AMG 2009

Planing to Buy W212 E63 AMG 2009: Hello All, I need advice on buying E63 AMG from 2009 model w212. Kind of dream car and now im able to afford it... Is it possible to maintain...
  2. smart ready to drop+: Pilotversuch in Hamburg für komplett mobiles Postfach

smart ready to drop+: Pilotversuch in Hamburg für komplett mobiles Postfach: Letzten Herbst ist mit “smart ready to drop” der größte Testlauf für Paketzustellung ins Auto, den es je in Deutschland gegeben hat, in Stuttgart...
  3. Neues moovel lab Projekt „Who Wants to Be a Self-Driving Car“

Neues moovel lab Projekt „Who Wants to Be a Self-Driving Car“: Die moovel Group, eine 100% Tochtergesellschaft der Daimler AG, hat sich zum Ziel gesetzt, Mobilität zu vereinfachen. Sie arbeitet an einem...
  4. Entwicklungschef Ola Källenius zur Road to the Future bei den Antriebstechnologien

Entwicklungschef Ola Källenius zur Road to the Future bei den Antriebstechnologien: Ola Källenius ist für die Konzernforschung der Daimler AG und die Entwicklung von Mercedes-Benz Cars verantwortlich. Aktuell hat er und sein Team...
  5. Vor 40 Jahren: Doppelsieg für Mercedes-Benz 280 E bei „London to Sydney“

Vor 40 Jahren: Doppelsieg für Mercedes-Benz 280 E bei „London to Sydney“: Am 28. September 1977 glänzt vor dem Opernhaus von Sydney der Mercedes-Stern am hellsten: Die Teams von Andrew Cowan und Anthony Fowkes gewinnen...
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies um Inhalte zu personalisieren. Außerdem werden auch Cookies von Diensten Dritter gesetzt. Mit dem weiteren Aufenthalt akzeptierst du diesen Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden