VSS help

Diskutiere VSS help im Forum Car Hifi & Multimedia & Navigation im Bereich Technik - Sorry for writing in English. Could someone help us to connect the VSS wire of a Rostra cruise control in the AKS 160 A-Class? We are using...
S

svc

Sorry for writing in English.
Could someone help us to connect the VSS wire of a Rostra cruise control in the AKS 160 A-Class?
We are using magnets in the left front shaft with a pick-up coil that work fine in straight line but in curves, the speed changes.
The ECU should have this output, maybe in the dashboard speedometer PC board.
What I mean for VSS? Is an acronym of Vehicle Speed Signal that is a sinewave or squarewave TTL (5v) or CMOS (12v) signal. The output could be 2000/4000/8000 pulses for one mile. Every American or Japanese made cars have it published.
Thanks,

Sergio

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:
Hi Sergio,

welcome - unfortunately i’ve never heard Rostra cruise control - english isn’t the problem. Maybe someone else knows this cruise control.

Hi Katharina,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm feeling in home now!

What I really want to know is where to find that electric signal(VSS) sent by the onboard A-Class ECU, in order to inform to the cruise control what is the correct car's speed.
In other words, what is the wire the A-Class ECU feeds the speedometer?
The method I am using is two magnet glued in the left front shaft and a pick-up coil that is not very efficient to keep the speed steady. You can see more info about this installation in this <a href=http://svc.cc/cruise.html><b>link</b></a>.

Sergio

Hi sergio,

I’m more confident with the technical problems of the W 168.
I assume that MEGACOM {www.megacomm.de} may help you with a solution how to run Rosta cruise control in your W 168.033.

Dear Katharina,

Thanks for the link. I will try to get help there.
In the mean time could you suggest any good technical book about the W168? And where to get a copy?
Could be in any language, including German. I have sufficient skill to read your language. Amazon.de have two offers but still out-of-press...

Hi sergio,

unfortunately there’s is up to now now book with technical informations about the W 168 modelles available.

Kind regards

Katharina

We are still waiting for any info about the ECU electrical connections, where we could found a good speedometer signal.
Someone have the W168 ECU schematics?
Another good question is why we couldn't found any books available about this car (A Class)?
Thanks,

Sergio

Thema: VSS help
Zurück
Oben